Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Are you a parent? If so, bookmark this site!

Since we are getting ready to move, I headed over to one of my favorite sites Family WatchDog to update my address. I want all parents, caregivers, etc., to know about this site. You can have free alerts sent to you via email or text message whenever a new sex offender moves into your neighborhood. Thankfully, my new home only has 7 offenders that work or live within a 5 mile radius (pretty much what my old address was too - we are only moving 2 miles). The site allows you to map where the offenders live and see pictures of them, along with their conviction information.
I believe as a parent you can never be too prepared for protecting your child and this is just one more step that you can take in the right direction.

Information taken from the website:
1 of 5 girls and 1 of 6 boys will be molested before their 18th birthday.
1 of 5 children has been sexually propositioned on the Internet.
Up to 70% of sex offenders released from prison will offend again.


No comments: